What to Know About Our Venue Before You Come – Lodging Info – Chattanooga Information
What To Know About Our Venue Before You Come
1. We are an authentic farm with very little concrete. We have mostly gravel pathways and rolling grassy areas. Inside the barn is concrete. Wedge shoes likely are better than high heels.
2. Barn typically houses the reception and weddings typically are outside. The Barn is full of doors blurring the lines of in and out. The doorways help with air flow and traffic flow. Most weddings have a touch of elegance to them but consider wearing seasonally appropriate attire. The barn is not air-conditioned or heated. The Dancebhall is the only temperature controlled room. Dress as though you were attending a fully outdoor event.
3. We have a no-smoking policy in and around the barn. The only place we do allow smoking is in our Horse Ring where the bonfire pit is located.
4. We do have indoor restrooms; two for the ladies, one for the gents, and one is referred to as Family because it has a changing station and handicapped level toilets.
5. We have ample, free parking. Parking is designated in the grass within our parking lot.
6. We do have a temperature-controlled area called The Dance Hall so no matter what the temperature is – there is a place to refresh.
7. The venue is a real farm and barn making it difficult to be fully handicapped friendly but it is handicapped accessible. Typically “assistance” is the best approach since much of the terrain is natural and not concreted.
8. The farm is generally kid friendly but we are not a playground. Please have over-sight of your children for their safety and for the sake of our facility.
9. We have a guest house for on-site lodging options and a vintage farmhouse for bride preparations. These areas are generally off-limits to guests.
10. We welcome you to the farm. It is an “out of the box” type venue meant to be a bit more relaxing and unique over a typical wedding venue. By looking at our website you can get a sense of what you are in store for. Come and celebrate this special day and be prepared to make some amazing memories!
we are located 20 minutes south of downtown Chattanooga, which is a trendy historic town that has revitalized itself and attracts visitors with all sorts of interests. Encourage your guests to come to Chattanooga for the weekend to enjoy the touristy sites, the Civil War parks and museums, the natural marvels of this area, downtown attractions and then to pop down for the wedding, conveniently located south of the city. With a wide variety of lodging options – high end, historic, and budget friendly; along with a wide variety of awesome eateries and tourist attractions. There is something to see and do here in our region. Rated #3 America’s Coolest Outdoor Towns.
40 Things to do with Kids in Chattanooga (and most of these aren’t totally kid-related)
LODGING – Downtown Chattanooga, TN is only 20 minutes from the farm. This makes selecting accommodations an easy solution that can suit your budget or your interests.
Bluff View Inn – Art District/Downtown 412 East Second Street Chattanooga, 423/265-5033
Stone Fort Inn – Downtown Chattanooga (Historic) 423/267-7866
Sheraton/Read House – Downtown Chattanooga (Historic Downtown Hotel) 423/266-4121
D.A. Jewell Mansion – Chickamauga – Georgia (Turn of the Century Historic Mansion Vacation Rental)
Double Tree downtown Chattanooga 407 Chestnut Street 423-756-5150
Holiday Inn Express downtown (just completed) 440 MLK Blvd. 423-664-4321
Spring Hill Marriott Suites – Only Chattanooga Hotel on the Tennessee River (new) 495 Riverfront Pkwy.
Marriott Fairfield Inn/Suites – Tiftonia (off I-24) 423/664-4222
The Chattanoogan – Downtown Chattanooga 423/756-3400
Country Inn & Suites 3725 Modern Industries Blvd., Tiftonia, TN 423/825-6100
Econo Lodge 150 Browns Ferry Road Chattanoga, TN 423/821-9000
Clarion Inn 3641 Cummings Highway Chattanooga, TN 42/821-5500
Holiday Inn Express 3710 Modern Industries Parkway Tiftonia, TN 423/424-0125
Quality Inn 3109 Parker Lane Chattanooga, TN 423/821-1499
Hampton Inn – Williams Street – Chattanooga 423/265-0077
Embassy Suites 2321 Lifestyle Way Chattanooga 800.362.2779
Chattanooga Marriott and Convention Center – Downtown Chattanooga 423/756-0002
Comfort Suites – Williams Street – Chattanooga 423/265-8000
Staybridge Suites – Downtown – Chattanooga 423/385-1232
Chanticleer Inn – Lookout Mountain near Rock City – Georgia 706/820-2015
Cloudland Canyon State Park – approx. 20 mins. away – Cabin rentals
Scenic View Log Cabins – Trenton side of Lookout Mountain – 706/398-0230
Rock Creek Cabins – On Top of Lookout Mountain on Vulcan Drive – 423/886-6130
VRBO down the street from us (VRBO 1445571)
B&B The Garden Walk Bed & Breakfast Inn 1206 Lula Lake Road Lookout Mountain, GA 706-820-4127 1.800.617.0502 (toll-free)
Airb&b/VRBO: Less than a mile from us – two separate units (airbnb 18847534)
Chattanooga – Being Rated as the Place to Live, to Visit, to Bike, to Be.
Check out the Visitors Bureau’s Website
Activities in the Area:
Top 10 Hikes in Chattanooga
New York Times Article including Chattanooga
Outside Magazine Heralding Chattanooga
Coolidge Park – Downtown Chattanooga (water fountains, river side viewing, carousel, walking bridge, unique shopping & dining)
Imax Theatre – Downtown Chattanooga
Aquarium – Downtown Chattanooga
Children’s Museum – Downtown Chattanooga
Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum –
Bluff View Art District – Downtown Chattanooga (river views, clifftop views, shopping, dining)
Rock City – Lookout Mountain – Georgia (Tourist highlight of Rock formations, scenic views)
Ruby Falls – Lookout Mountain – TN (Underground Cave accessed with elevator, zip-line adventure above ground)
The Incline – St. Elmo – Chattanooga (Tram that runs up the side of Lookout Mountain)
Chickamauga Battlefield – Chickamauga – Georgia – National Civil War Park
Hiking Galore – Point Park Area, Lula Land Trust Hiking Trails, Cloudland Canyon SP, Pigeon Mtn. Reserve
Chattanooga Choo Choo – Downtown (Motel, Restaurant, Shops, Street Car Ride, Train Cars, Miniature R/R)
South Side Main Street – South Side of Downtown Chattanooga (Unique shopping and Eateries)
Southern Belle Riverboat – Downtown on the River – Cruises Up & Down the River – Dinner Cruises too
Lookout Mountain Flight Park – Lookout Mountain Georgia – Hang Gliding Observing and Lessons
Chattanooga Lookouts – Ball Park in Downtown Chattanooga
Chattanooga Ducks – Downtown Chattanooga (River Tours on renovated WWII Amphibious Landing Vehicles)
River Gorge Explorer – Downtown on the River (Tour the Grand Canyon of the TN River by this unique boat)
AMC Classic Majestic Movie Theater – Downtown Chattanooga
AMC Chattanooga (Rave) Movie Theater – East Ridge – Tennessee
Interested in Music? Check out this link: Chattanooga has Many Music Venues
Chattanooga is rated #3 America’s 20 Coolest Outdoor Towns so come to Chattanooga and stay the weekend.